In the past months, Kweschn! has received so many encouraging blog Awards from lovely bloggers, especially from Bluesander (Nessa) who writes really touching poems, Amira (Mind Blur) who is the sunshine in my blogosphere, and from Creativeboys (Nizam) who is another wonderful blogger from one of my favorite countries in South East Asia. I am very thankful to them for their continuing friendship and support!
Kweschn! was recently awarded the Inspiring Blog Award, nominated by Authormercedes, my lovely friend who writes really beautiful poems and lyrics, which I am addicted. I didn’t mention she is an awesome singer!
Rules to this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that will not have come up in your blog entries.
3. Pass it on to 7 blogs you find inspiring and explain why.
Thank you Mercedes! You rock! Keep blogging, and keep inspiring!
7 Things about me that I have’t posted on this blog yet or I will not post in the future:
Tough but I will try.
1. I like Lasagna. A lot! Second to Injera, that is.
2. I enjoy walking aimlessly.
3. I am a big fan of foreign movies. You hate subtitles? iLike!
4. Mali is one of my favorite countries in Africa and the Malians I have met so far are really lovely people in and out! The way families and extended families take care of each other is just amazing. It’s unfortunate that Mali is politically unstable currently—coups, countercoups, and secessionism; sort of the kind of experience my country went through in recent memory. I hope everything will get back to normal soon.
5. Generally speaking, I prefer cold weather than hot or humid one. But a moderate temperature is my real choice.
6. Billy Collins is my favorite contemporary American poet. His use of simple words and expressions to create exquisite images of everyday life, it’s beyond enjoyable. I thank my loveliest friend who introduced me to him! And Bewketu Seyoum is my Ethiopian favorite. He is not only a soulful poet, but also a comedian, satirist and short story writer. He is simply hilarious.
7. Spike Lee’s movies: I can’t get enough of them. My favorite ones are Do The Right Thing and Malcolm X. He is brilliant!
… That’s done. Next …
Seven Bloggers I would like to nominate, this part is the toughest, but I will try:
1. Amira, as I mentioned above, she is truly a sunshine. Her poems and stories about life in Maldives or just life in general, they are heartwarming!
2. Lesley Carter, if you love adventure, she will show you what a real adventure is! She is daring, bold, and fearless adventurer and traveler who will take you to the world of extreme sports through her blog. Not to mention her writing is so captivating!
3. 7theaven, beautiful pictures accompanied by thoughtful quotes! It is a pleasure to visit his blog.
4. Bindu, beautiful writing and beautiful soul.
5. The Tale Of My Heart …, are you into romance? His page is full of delicious romantic poems!
6. Demonsking19, do you want to meet a Nalaik Panda and laugh out loud together? That’s the place to go!
7. Veeh, The sweetest Kenyan in the blogosphere that I know. Her writing is as sweet as a Kenyan tea.
… There are a lot of inspiring bloggers I would love to include, but I can’t go beyond seven. I will surely introduce more bloggers in the future. I am, however, so grateful to all the bloggers out there that I haven’t mentioned here but who inspire me everyday.
A Pakistani Boy